Copy this link when reproducing:
2. Under the "Binary Distributions" section, click "32-bit/64-bit Windows Service Installer" to download.
3. When the installer file has been downloaded, find and double-click the file to start the installation.
4. Click "Next" to continue.
5. Read the "License Agreement" and click "I Agree" to continue.
6. Select the components you wish to install, and click "Next" to continue.
Note: The default options only include "Start Menu Items", "Documentation", and "Manager". Selecting the option of "Host Manager" is my own choice.
7. Change the definitions for ports if necessary, and click "Next" to continue.
- The default ports are 8005 (Server Shutdown Port), 8080 (HTTP/1.1 Connector Port), and 8009 (AJP/1.3 Connector Port)
- The reason why I changed these ports is that I've installed another version of Tomcat which is already using those default ports.
8. Select the path of a JDK or JRE installed on your system and click "Next" to continue.
9. Click "Browse" to select another folder or keep the default value, and click "Install" to continue.
10. When the installation process is complete, click "Finish", Tomcat will be started.
11. After Tomcat was started properly, open a browser, and visit http://localhost:8079/. You should be able to see something like this: